Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Week 7 EOC: Plan of Action; Final Project.


This project is a serious challenge for any person. The following is my plan of action for the next three weeks, even with my other responsibilities.

            First, I had no idea that I could find up to thirty (that is Three-Zero) distinct law firms within this state alone. Many of them have practice experience in the other categories.

            My main categories for this assignment are “Intellectual Property”, “Natural Resources”, “Tax Law”, “Employment”, “Immigration” and “Business Law” – five firms selected in each category. More than I needed – assigned number of 25 – but a strong start for potential successful interviews.

            The overall focus of this project is erred toward my Major (Graphic Design), but I will also include questions in areas that concern me – specifically: Environment, Intellectual Property (“Pro Bono” and Paid), Veterans, Tax Law (when it relates to sustainable activities and energies) and Employment (Internships and “Pro Bono”).

            During this time, I will keep the following course competencies in mind:

1. To provide an in-depth exploration of competitive business practices.

2. To emphasize the protection of intellectual property, including copyright, business and service marks.

3. To instruct in the procedure for obtaining protection for intellectual property, enabling the student to make practical use of the information provided.

4. To introduce and define the legal terminology and rationale associated with contractual relations.

5. To review and clarify the various types of contracts and licenses used in industry, as well as the relevant miscellaneous and standard clauses contained in each.

6. To establish the prima facie elements required for the avoidance of liability in the areas of defamation and privacy invasion, as they pertain to the commercial and electronic markets.

            This will be my plan for the remaining time on the project.

Starting 22 August 2012; 1 – 5 pm during class breaks: Draft the ten questions I will ask after carefully reviewing my textbook  (Patent, Copyright, Trademark Law & Trade Secret Law).

In ten questions: 2 each of Environment, Intellectual Property (hereafter “IP”),  Veterans, Tax Law and Employment. The focus within each – if any – has been specified above.

23 August 2012 ~ 6am to 12pm: review all ten questions and edit each for increased precision and also include the MLA-cited sources behind each one to provide clarification.

24 August 2012: Early morning (~6am to 11am) and late evening (~7pm to 11pm), work on my script for calling each Lawyer (or Attorney) starting with the courtesy call-in format shown below – adjusted accordingly.

|-----| 
Good Morning [Sir or Ma’am] of [Law office]

I am a Graphic Designer seeking your professional opinion on ten legal questions covering [these subject areas].

-----Would you be willing to spend only 1-hour of your time within the next immediate two weeks to answer all of my questions to the best of your experience?

---------If yes: “Thank you for your time. I greatly appreciate it” We can communicate in person, via Skype, Phone Call or email exchange.

---------If not, whom do you recommend I contact to have these questions answered?

-----Do I have your permission to record our conversion for non-commercial academic-only purposes, provided I give you a copy of the recording if you so choose?

---------If yes: “Thank you for allowing me to do so.”

---------If not, is there some other form of media you will allow for recording or would you prefer to answer these questions on your own time, and later send back your responses within the next two weeks?

-----If necessary, I can come to your office at a pre-determined date [if said office is located within
either Henderson, Las Vegas or North Las Vegas areas).


Updates are soon to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment